Monday, January 30, 2012

Cooking With Mom

My mom and I have started a little venture. It all began after watching The Pioneer Woman on Food Network. If y'all haven't watched her show, read her blog, read her books, etc. your missing out! I just can't get enough. I adore her, like her, think she's funny, and just down right awesome.

This is Ree ⬇


This is Ree's Blog ⬇

Be Amazed

Okay... so after finally figuring out what time her show was on and watching it (DVR is a blessing!) my mom asked if I wanted to try the recipes out. Sure. Why not?

Bring on our version of Julie and Julia. Except we will not be making 365 days worth of recipes (as far as I know right now we will not be). Sorry. Just the recipes we want to try to get a handle on now. Starting easy and expanding from there. 

This last weekend we did this ⬇
Pop Pulled Pork

The Fixin's 

Cilantro Slaw

And of course dessert...

It was cake!

Pistachio Bundt Cake to be more specific :-)

Mmmmm it was good! 

To say the least mom and I are having fun with our weekend date to cook and bake. Dad is enjoying the benefits as well...

 I'm learning some new quick and easy recipes and mom says she's aiding me in being able to one day feed a ranch full of people of my very own. What can I say? She has hopes for me too! For now I'll continue to take in the knowledge I am gaining and the fun I am having. 

And hopefully one day I'll be able to apply it all to a wonderful family of my own. 

Next weeks' plans consist of Enchiladas and Chocolate Sheet Cake. Yum!













No comments:

Post a Comment